Friday, April 08, 2016

Springville Museum of Art 92nd Annual Spring Salon

I went out of my comfort zone and tried something new a few weeks ago. I entered a couple of pieces into the jurying process for the Springville Museum of Art 92nd Annual Spring Salon. Since I was a young, fabulous BYU Coed, I've had friends who have entered art into the show. Most of my artwork up until a few years ago has mostly been on the graphic design side of things, not really Spring Salon material, so I've never tried to enter anything. Lately though, I've been trying to stretch myself a little bit, to develop a style and to put a little more care into the pieces I cut. Yesterday they announced the accepted entries and I got in! I feel pretty honored. I submitted two pieces and got one in. I'm going to share the one that didn't get in now and the one that did get in after the opening night.

This is the piece that didn't get in. I called it "Gestohlen." I flip-flopped between a few different titles. I love the squirrel getting into the nest, he's my favorite. Of the two pieces, I love the flowers the best on this one, but the energy on the one that was accepted was far greater. The other piece was my favorite and I'm glad they chose it.


If you feel like swinging by, the opening reception is on Wednesday April 20, 2016 from 7:00-8:30 pm. I'll be there with my squad. They have asked that the artists be there to talk about their work, so if you're interested in seeing a variety of talent from the Utah area, head on down to Springville.

7 comments:

Sharon Hermens said...

So excited for you, Cindy. I've always loved your squirrel cuts.
This is a pretty piece. Look forward to seeing the other one.

Sharon Hermens said...

So excited for you, Cindy. I've always loved your squirrel cuts.
This is a pretty piece. Look forward to seeing the other one.

Rebekah said...

That's really cute! I look forward to seeing the other one!

Carrie said...

I look forward to seeing the other one.

Unknown said...

I have no words to explain my feelings about your post
EPS CUTTING

Advisory On Crude said...

keep sharing.. you are doing great job

Genuine Commodity Tips Provider

AIB FUNDING. said...

Are you looking for a business loan, personal loans, mortgage loans, car loans, student loans, unsecured loans for consolidation, project finance etc ... Or simply refuse loans from a bank or financial institution for one or more reasons? We are the right solutions for credit! We offer loans to companies and individuals with a low and affordable 2% interest rate. Therefore, if you are interested in an urgent and secured loan. For more information, please email us today: Via: Elegantloanfirm@hotmail.com.