Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Art Show!

I just got back from Nebraska so I don't have a Template Tuesday yet, but hopefully I'll have one tomorrow and I'll sneak it up and pretend like it was posted today.

What I DO have are pictures from the art show opening at the Terra Nova Gallery last Friday. Featuring Randel McGee, Ada Gardner and Rick James Marzullo. You're very excited, I know. Here's me with one of my coworkers, Hillary and her sister, Ashley. Kudos to Hillary for coming all the way down!


Jamie, who has a friend who likes my stuff but she didn't come along with her!


These are my old landlords who became friends from my college days, Mike and Jenni. I would someday like to be as cool as they are.


My mom and my dad are to my right, to my left is my dental hygienist and her husband. Random, right? Especially when you learn that they heard about the show because they were up here flying hot air balloons and Kim's parents told them about it.


Erin! One of my most favorite companions from my mission. She can sing like an angel.


Kim, who was such a wonderful help the whole show, and Stephen.


Marie, Lena, me and Rachel. I really like these ladies. I'm so glad I've gotten to know them a little better over the past little while.


Kim's parents, Ron and Carol!


Randel and his wife, Marsha! Randel is the reason I was in the show in the first place. He's a talented papercutter AND a talented puppeteer.


Kellie and Brigham! I was so excited to see them again and they even bought the roaring 20s piece. It was one of the ones that I got some of the most comments about the whole evening.


Ryan was someone I met that night but have known for a little while. I'm so glad he showed up!


El Stevo! Steve and Krista showed up too. The time is farspent in between viewings of these two.


Christian and Kirsten! It was so good to see them as well. Christian has a new movie coming out pretty soon.


Whitney with Mary poking her head in between us.


Michelle! Michelle bought this piece for her collection. I think she has the largest collection of Cindy Ferguson papercuts of anyone I know besides maybe my mom.


Erin. I can't even say how happy I was that she was there at the show.


This is David Hawkinson, the owner of the gallery where we had our show. He is such a nice guy and I was so glad to be able to work with him.


All in all, the show was a great success and I hope that if you haven't seen it, you can go down to the Terra Nova Gallery and take a gander (41 W 300 N, Provo). Thanks all!

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Art receptions are so much fun! I was sorry that I wasn't able to go. I am excited to see the show. I will get down to Provo sometime this month. It looks like there many masterpieces to admire.

David said...

Cindy, Great posting! Your post looks like the evening went, full of so many of your friends & admirers. It is so great to have your work here at Terra Nova Gallery, it makes the place look wonderful! I know many more people need to come in & see this exhibit. These are wonderful works by Rick, Randel, Ada and yourself. Way to go! -David

NanaBeast said...

Your work in this show-what can be seen from this post-is FABULOUS! It is so great to see your smiling face and all the caring people who made it to your show. May it be a great launch for you and your art.

makana said...

I found your beautiful work through Twig and Thistle. Did you by chance serve in the Omaha mission? Just curious since I did and since the show was in NE.
Quick question, do you do anything for weddings or birthdays?