Monday, March 17, 2008

Woman With An Issue of Blood


One of my favorite passages in the scriptures is the story of the woman with an issue of blood. She'd been coupled with the disease for some twelve years and upon touching the hem of the Savior, was made whole. He acknowledged this and told her that it was her faith that had cured her. This papercut depicts the moment when she touches his garment and he is not yet aware of what has happened. The woman's desire to be rid of the affliction and all the hope inside of her resides in this one brief moment.

"For she said within herself, If I may but touch his garment, I shall be whole."
Matthew 9:21

2 comments:

miss lena's pie said...

Absolutely beautiful! I'm re-discovering the new testament at the moment and this picture really captures that feeling that I get when I read about Jesus walking the streets of the old city with his disciples and etc. Wonderful!

Elle said...

this is beautiful.

i love how you are able to translate a story into one scene.