Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Template Tuesday - Happy New Year!

So it's a Wednesday and not a Tuesday, give me a break! I just had a baby! I figured I should get one more thing posted on here before the end of the year. We sang the song that this papercut is inspired by in church on Sunday and I haven't been able to get it out of my head. It doesn't help that I've been drawing part of a verse of it since then either. Pretty soon I'll have a different earworm, but for now I'll just keep on humming Longfellow's poem. It's a pretty song and it could be worse! I hope, wherever you are, that you are comfortable, warm and content. Happy New Year!


Here's what the template will look like. The tricky part about this is to not get cocky about the thin lines. When you get cocky, then you slice through one. I know this from experience. The other tricky part is to not look at it and think it'll be easy because there aren't very many letters. Letters take forever for some reason!


Download the template here: Happy New Year!

©2014 Cindy Bean (www.bean-cutter.com
These templates are for personal use only. You can make them for your mom, you can make them for your aunt, you can make them for your family reunion, etc. Please don't sell these free templates for your own personal gain. I put them out there as a service, don't make me get frustrated and stop doing them. Don't ruin it for everyone else! Also, if you're going to sell art, maybe you should make it your own. You can do it, I promise! It's not good karma to pass off someone else's art as your own. 

6 comments:

Jeanette said...

What a lovely thought captured in such a lovely paper cut. Congratulations on the new baby and Happy Blessed New Year.

Rebekah said...

I love this song and the cutout is so fun. But it looks a little challenging. :)
Congratulations on your new baby!

Anonymous said...

A new baby! That is wonderful! I just started paper cutting and I find it fascinating. Of course I haven't done anything fancy yet but one day I hope too. Your work is very inspiring.

michelle said...

I think your site is amazing! Thanks for the posting of free templates. I teach at a public high school and we have alternative learning days. I would love to use your templates so that my students have lots of options for pictures to cut, and am looking forward to introducing lots of teenagers to a tradition that is so fascinating! Thanks so much for your posts!!

Snippety Gibbet said...

You had a baby!!!!!!!! Details, please!!! Congratulations. jan

NanaBeast said...

Many, many blessings to you and baby. May father and big brother be blessed as well!

Cindy, thank you SO much for this most beautiful paper cut pattern. I have always been tearful when hearing this phrase and hold it in my heart. I would like make these and give them as gifts this year. And think of all the practice I'll be getting in!