Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Template Tuesday - He Is Risen

Two weekends ago, I spent almost the whole weekend on the couch listening to Conference. I enjoy it because I get to sit for basically 8 uninterrupted hours and draw. Sometimes I sleep though. For 4 of those hours I got in a few good drawings and now you all get to benefit from that. I was thinking of doing some Easter template Tuesdays and I did the one from last week that is more secular in nature. I was thinking of more bunnies and whatnot for the next piece and then realized that Easter is not really about bunnies and egg hunts, it's about the glorious fact that the Savior rose from the tomb and in doing so, saved us all from that same death. Easter is such a beautiful holiday, one of hope and reflection and new beginnings. I hope you all get to take the time to give thanks on this next Sunday for all the Lord has done for us and remember that He lives and because of that, so can we.


This is more of a time consuming template than anything else. Be careful around the little stems around the flowers and be patient around the stems in general. Other than that, cut out the inside parts first and then the outside and you'll be fine!
Download your free template here: He Is Risen. I was thinking I'd sell these for $35 each if anyone is interested, I'll put some up on my etsy.

6 comments:

Rebekah said...

I really like this one! I'm going to see if I can do it. :) Thanks for making these for those of us who are still learning.

dawn said...

Thank you! Beautiful!

Julie Baswell said...

Thank you for the template. I would suggest you put your url on the bottom of the download. It sometimes takes me awhile before getting to do projects and this helps me to know where it came from. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Jeanette said...

I really like this easter design - I've done plenty of chicks and bunnies and it is wonderful to have a design so beautiful and so meaningful for the season. Thank you very much and Happy Easter.

Murfreesboro Washing Machine Repair said...

Good reeading your post

Murfreesboro Washing Machine Repair said...

This iis a great post thanks