Wednesday, October 06, 2010

Monster Mash

So, Caleb and Hillary, over at Blonde Grizzly, invited me to participate in their Classic Monsters Group Show on October 15th and I finally completed my papercut tonight after lots of thought. I'm pretty pleased with it. It's of the Stygian Witches. Those are the awesome witches from Clash of the Titans (I prefer the old CoT, but the new one's witches are pretty great too). Traditionally they each share an eye, an ear and a tooth between the three of them. Here's my version. I also made computer wallpaper with a calendar if you're into that sort of thing.


Here's what the wallpaper looks like. Go ahead and download!












960 x 640
1024 x 768
1280 x 800
1280 x 1024
1440 x 900
1600 x 1024
1680 x 1050
1920 x 1200

6 comments:

hillary barney said...

I love it Cindy!

Paula said...

Ooh! Thank you!

Lisa said...

Ilove your work- I'm a big fan! What kind of cutting mat do you suggest I buy? I'm hoping it's not too expensive. Thanks!

Sarah Graham said...

I'm also curious what kind you use. I bought a self-healing mat. Also curious to know how quickly you (and others) go through #11 blades...I seem to be dulling them very quickly, but I don't know if it is part of the process or not. Thanks so much for your templates! They are giving me a chance to practice cuttig skills while I try to develop some drawing ones as well...I am in awe of your work!

Angela said...

Beautiful stuff! I am researching papercutting for a client at the moment, and just wanted to say your work is georgous.

Johnny said...

Since we haven't heard from you in a while, I am trying to get my fix from other paper cutters. I found this amazing artist that you probably already know about, but I thought it might offer some inspiration to help you put out some more items for Template Tuesday.