Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Template Tuesday - Papercuts for Kids

So I get asked a lot if I have any templates for children. I generally tell people to look at my previous templates for some that are easier. Last Friday, I had to teach a workshop to little kids on how to papercut. I had made a page of templates and sent it to Dana who called me the next day and told me they were way too hard. They needed to have more round shapes and less holes on the inside. It was kind of difficult for me to tone the details down. But here is what I finally came up with. Feel free to download these and enlarge them on your computer or copier.

This was the easier sheet. I found that even some of the easy things were way too hard for some of the kids. They were small fries! Some kids had different artistic abilities, but they all were proud of their results.
Download your free easy level shape template: Easy Level


Here is the more medium page. Probably maybe even better for the beginning papercut adult artist. Give it a go!
Download your free medium level shape template: Medium Level
Thank you all for your suggestions from one of my previous posts. They were sooooooo helpful!

Here's a freebie for all you Star Wars nerds. I really tried to get Han Solo's profile just right.

11 comments:

Sophie.J said...

Thanks for sharing them. It's steal my heart already..^^

plainoldsarah said...

i spy starla! these are great cindy - i just may print a few to do with my nieces/nephews. i'll be the really cool aunt!

Megan said...

You did a great job on Han Solo! My seven year old saw it on the screen and said, "Hey! It's Han Solo!" He wants one for his bedroom door now.

tomiannie said...

Thank you so much! We were supposed to come to your class on Friday but had an emergency and my son was SO disappointed -- he'll b excited to start on these!

margaret Wilson said...

Thank you so much! Because of your site I love Tuesdays. I wish I lived closer so I could go to your show.

NanaBeast said...

Cindy, Cindy, Cindy! Thank you so very much. The two sets are so fun. Han Solo is going to be a gift to my grandson. Yoda will go to the other grandson. The bunny, chick and flower are going to be a repeating set in a paper garland to decorate for spring.

Cassi said...

Thanks so much for this, it is very much appreciated!!

SandyKay said...

Thanks, Cindy! My 4-yr old is crazy about cutting paper. She loves these.

Skebba said...

These are great, and would do just as well as appliques. Thanks for sharing!

a bow factory said...

yeah thanks for the templates, I am going trying them as soon as I can !

American Yak said...

Yoda!