Monday, July 13, 2009

He Wasn't Very Coordinated But She Liked His Eyes


Here's my final large piece from the show. This was one of the first ones I did and I hadn't struck upon the cloud idea yet. Originally, for my theme, I wanted to have it about "The Things We Do For Love" and show all sorts of people in weird situations, good or bad, that they only got into because they were infatuated with someone. The theme is pretty much carried throughout all the pieces, but I think this one carries it's essence. Here is a guy who doesn't know how to dance. He's surrounded by a world of people enveloped in a new culture of dance, fashion and lifestyle. There's this girl he really likes who he wants to impress and he'd try anything to get her to be his.

Note: These new pieces are all on display at the Terra Nova Gallery.

P.S. If you're on Facebook, click on that little link on the right and be a fan!

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Cindy, I love this piece. Twenties music is so much fun to listen to. It does make you want to dance. I can hear "If You Love Susie" and the "Charleston" when I look at this cut.

Melanie said...

I love it, it has so much fun and energy in it!

Cindy Bean said...

Melissa, thanks! It's my favorite era.

Melanie, I think it's the swinging necklaces. Put in some swinging necklaces an everyone is happy.

daysease said...

Another fabulous, energetic piece. great profile cuts.

David G said...

I love the title, and the cut! (The title I love marginally more than the cut because its so awesome)