Sunday, January 11, 2009

Elephant on Eggshells


My first papercut of the year! My friend Kim brought over a book called Easter Eggs for Everyone. I'm not allowed to keep it, even though I really want to. Maybe I'll hide it! Anyway, they had a little article on egg dioramas and I thought that that would be the perfect frame for a papercut. What to put in it was the next question. I thought I'd put the biggest thing in the littlest container. A tiny papercut of a woman riding an elephant with a monkey on it's head. I'm not the best photographer, but I did what I could. It looks a whole lot better in real life, I promise!

5 comments:

Apryl said...

Congratulations on successfully incorporating glitter, lace AND an elephant into one fabulous little egg.

bug girl said...

That is hilarious. I want to see it in real life. I think you should make a few more and see where this line of "big things in small delicate packages" will take you...you know like a manatee, a whale, or sasquatch.

Melissa said...

What a fabulous egg! I love the colors. It is good to see an egg without a bunny or chick on it. You must have some steady hands.

daysease said...

wow!!! very neat! such fun! very creative idea!

Suzanne :O ) said...

I just learned about the art of paper cutting and yours is the first blog I came across in doing a google search. I'm in total awe and I look forward to seeing your creations! wow!