Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Ranulph Flambard


So here's the second completed papercut of I've done for the Tower. This one is of Ranulph Flambard. No one names their kid Ranulph anymore, I wonder why. Anyway, he was imprisoned in the tower. One night, his friends hid a rope in a flagon of wine and had it delivered to his chambers. He shared the wine with his guards who grew sufficiently drunk enough for him to escape without their noticing. Ranulph climbed down the tower wall, but the rope wasn't long enough and he had to jump the rest of the way and, luckily enough, landed in a cesspool to break his fall.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

How, in the name of all that is reasonable, do you get such teeny tiny little cuts in those trees?!

I am so psyched I found your blog, your work is so amazing. Thank you for the permission- I'd never sell anything of yours, but I'll happily direct people to your Etsy site. :)

I also have to say, poor Ranulph really did find some luck when it came to that cesspool!

Snippety Gibbet said...

Are you doing this just for fun or are you going to publish this some day? Beautiful!

TwinkleBee said...

I like how you tell stories with your papercuts, I had no idea about any of the stories and history you tell. Very cool, makes the papercuts even cooler if that's possible.