Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Learning How To Papercut

This post is nice because it also updates my Goose Girl blog. I haven't been able to do any papercuts because of various reasons—reading Harry Potter, getting ready for the garage sale, recovering from the garage sale—I think this will help me get back into the swing of things.

A little while ago, I got a disc of patterns for Scherenschnitte from a member of my scherenschnitte yahoo group that I haven't been very active in. I used these templates to help teach my Family Home Evening group how to papercut. They all did very well.

Here's Andy's. He did the 3 Blind Mice.


Terry did a good one of a kitten getting into a fish bowl.


Kristina made some pelicans.


Joseph won the award for skinniest cut with his Tom Sawyer papercut.


Meredith took to scherenschnitte like a fish takes to water.


Oh my gosh, I did some unicorns.


Stacy made some cute kitties.


I made the beginnings of a squirrel garland.


And Sharon, the newest member of our group, took on one of the toughest patterns and did an excellent job. She's going to take the rest of the templates to her second grade class for an activity.


After all that hard work, we needed some sustenance. Andy and I went to Burgermaster and ate some tasty burgers.


Burgers are so tasty!

7 comments:

bex said...

holy brilliant! can you share that cd with me? i have some people that i want to teach to papercut. starting with me.

Meredith said...

psst!! I want the cd too!! :)

Melody said...

I wish I were in your FHE group! You're so cool :)

Anonymous said...

How fun is this! Wow, I am really impressed! None of them had cut before your class??? Great job! And yes, I am planning on putting paper-cuts in some of my jewelry for the winter... More later!
Ulla

Megan Andrea said...

i don't know you but i really want to learn too! how did you learn this. where to start? any ideas. although all my fingers are sausagey so that might make it a tad bit difficult.

Heather said...

I'm in charge of my Enrichment in my ward and we are trying to think of cool things to do. How do I learn how to do that? It's amazing!

nellie said...

hi! i've been browsing your blog and love every piece you've made. i love papercut and was wondering if you sell your pieces. if so, where? you can email me at duchampbare AT mac DOT com.

i hope to hear from you soon!