Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Template Tuesday - Steampunk Crow

How many of you are familiar with the steampunk genre? This is what wikipedia has to say about it: Steampunk is a sub-genre of science fiction that typically features steam-powered machinery, especially in a setting inspired by industrialized Western civilization during the 19th century. I really like the look of it. It's one of those looks that, if I weren't into just wearing jeans all day and not doing my hair, I'd really try to immerse myself in. At our 1st ever Salt Lake Comicon, there were a lot of booths selling steampunk costumes and accessories and I coveted a lot of them. Mostly all I've done so far with steampunk is read a few YA novels. So here is my first artistic foray into the steampunk genre with this little crow guy. He looks so sleek, but also looks like he could peck your eye out. Tom asked me the question, "Is he a crow that has mechanical wings or a completely mechanical bird?" What do you all think?


I'm not going to lie to you, this bird was a little tricky. Especially around the gears. To cut out the reverse part requires a little thinking. Maybe it will be easier for you guys since I highlighted all the parts to cut out. Here's what the template will look like:


To download the free template of the steampunk crow, visit here: Steampunk Crow. As always, remember that these templates and images are for private use only.

5 comments:

WandaH said...

Thank you so much this awesome crow will be perfect for a project that I am working on.

Petula said...

I love it! Thanks!

suzume said...

i started papercutting in Japan when i found your site.
i love this mechanical crow!!
thanks!!

dhawktx said...

Cindy, I would be interested in whether you would be willing to license this design and if so, please contact me?

Jonathan said...

We bought the original Alice in Wonderland piece at SLCC15 but we regretted not grabbing this little guy while we were there. Is the original crow still up for sale? We're locals.