Wednesday, February 04, 2015

Template Tuesday - Folk Art Valentine

I was researching Victorian Valentines on Pinterest and came across all these Heart in Hand ones. Turns out they are more Shaker/Amish/Pennsylvanian Dutch/Masonic than Victorian, but same time era, right? I don't know, history is not my strong point. I found a little blurb of information from this website: Sheaff Ephemera
"Heart In Hand" is a traditional folk art motif, associated with the Shakers, the Amish, the Pennsylania Dutch and the Masonic IOOF (International Order of Odd Fellows). It was widely considered to symbolize charity, "from the heart". The IOOF considered it to represent friendship, love and truth.

Here's what the template looks like. My only advice is to be careful when doing the Ts. I don't know what it is, but the Ts were tricky for me.
Download your free template here: Hand and Heart

©2015 Cindy Bean (www.bean-cutter.com
These templates are for personal use only. You can make them for your mom, you can make them for your aunt, you can make them for your family reunion, etc. Please don't sell these free templates for your own personal gain. I put them out there as a service, don't make me get frustrated and stop doing them. Don't ruin it for everyone else! Also, if you're going to sell art, maybe you should make it your own. You can do it, I promise! It's not good karma to pass off someone else's art as your own.